Thứ Sáu, 23 tháng 3, 2018

Jesus is wandering around Heaven, surveying all the saved souls...

...when he spots an old man in the corner, crying.

Jesus approaches the man: "Hey you! This is Heaven! You can't be sad here! This is the ultimate prize! People go to church every day of their lives to end up here! Stop crying, you should be happy to have gotten in!"

The old man composes himself, wipes the tears from his eyes and says to Jesus, "I'm sorry". Jesus thinks that maybe he's been a bit too harsh and asks the man "Why are you so sad?"

The man explains, "Many years ago, before I got here, I was a poor carpenter, we didn't have much. My son wasn't even born in a proper hospital! I had hoped my son would follow me into the carpentry trade but..."

Naturally, this strikes a chord with Jesus. "Well what happened to your son?" he asks.

"Well, one day my son had to go on a big adventure! He was gone, and I never saw him again. The reason I'm crying is that I had hoped to reunite with him here!"

Now it is Jesus who is crying. Tears streaming down his face, he can't quite believe who he's talking to. He holds up his hands and ventures "And did your son have holes in his hands like these?"

The old man is overwhelmed with joy: "I don't believe it! Is it really you?"

"My father!" cries Jesus.

"My Pinocchio!" cries the man.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét