Thứ Sáu, 29 tháng 6, 2018

How I accidentally crushed a vegan customer's soul at Subway ;-;

So I work at Subway, yesterday I had a chick come in, she told me she wanted a Veggie Delight. As I went to get the bread she asked me if I could change my gloves cause she was vegan and I had been handling meat. I did that, no problem, perfectly reasonable request. I get her bread, toast it and put all the veggies she wants on it, I start to wrap up her sandwich when she says, "can I get some mayo?"

...

I look at her, she's looking at me, I pick up the mayo, I'm waiting for her to be like haha jk.

Nothing.

Me: "You know mayonnaise has eggs in it right?"

THIS. GIRL. JUST. STOOD. THERE. SILENT.

She stood there for a second.

V: "N-no it doesn't, I get mayo every time, are you sure?"

Me: "Yes ma'am, mayo has egg whites in it."

I felt so horrible, she stood there with such a distraught and defeated face, I had shattered this poor girl's world.

I had a couple people waiting so I had to get this lady out of here.

Me: "Would you like the mayo on it ma'am?"

V: "Sure, go ahead."

She sounded so done, so defeated,

So I gave her her mayo, wrapped her sandwich up and charged her for her sandwich, she was silent the whole time. She took her sandwich and started walking out.

Me: "Thank you for coming, have a nice day!"

She just looked at me, sighed, "yea, I'll try" and walked out.

And that's the story of how I taught a vegan that mayonnaise is, in fact, not vegan.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét