Thứ Hai, 16 tháng 4, 2018

A farmer is in court, suing the trucking company whose truck injured him in an accident

He is on the stand, and the company's lawyer is questioning him, trying to disprove the merit of his claim. "Mister Brown," the lawyer says, "did you not tell the responding officer, after the crash, that you were -and I quote- fine?" "Well," says the farmer, "you see, I was driving my mule to town..." "Sir, please answer the question. Did you or did you not say you were fine?" "Well now, you have to understand, I was driving my mule..." "Sir! Stop avoiding the question. Remember, you are under oath! Did you not tell the officer you were fine?" The farmer turn to the judge and says, "Your honor, I am trying to answer the nice man's question, but he wont let me." The judge says "I'll allow it, but it better be relevant." The farmer thanks him and begin, "Well, you see, I was driving my truck to town, with my trailer hitched to the back and my mule in the trailer. As we cross an intersection, this big truck blows past the stop sign and smashes into us. The truck splits in two, I'm thrown into one ditch on the side of the road, the mule is thrown into the other, and the truck just keeps going." "Now I'm in bad shape. My arm is broke, my leg is broke, half my ribs are broke. But my mule is in worse shape, from what I can hear. She's screaming and thrashing and making a pitiful racket." "I hear tires come to a stop on the gravel, a door close and footsteps crunching across the road to the other ditch. I hear the mule screaming for a minute more and then a shot rang out, and it went quiet. The footsteps then start to come my way. I look up to see a state trooper putting his gun back in his holster." "He says to me, sir, I am terribly sorry. Your mule was gravely injured, she was in terrible pain, and I had no choice but to put her down. ... How are you?"

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét