Thứ Sáu, 30 tháng 6, 2017

Bless me father for I have sinned

A man walks into a confession booth.

He says, "Bless me father, for I have sinned."

The priest there says to him, "Speak my child."

The man says, "Well father I lived in Hamburg during the Second World War. The Gestapo was searching for Jews to send to concentration camps, and I hid a Jewish family up in my attic."

The priest is pleased. This is a rather happy confession. He says, "That is a very noble deed my son. Why would you tell me this in confession though?"

The man continues, "Well Father, I also took a lot of rent from them for living in my attic."

The priest is a little taken aback but still happy that the man chose to protect the family. He says, "That was not right on your part. Whenever you do a good deed, you should do it for the happiness it brings others and not your personal gain. The intent was still noble though so you have not sinned."

The man continues, "If that's the case, I feel much better now. I would like to ask for some guidance though."

The priest says, "Ask and I shall answer to the best of my ability."

The man says, "Its about that Jewish family. Should I tell them the war is over?"

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét